How can I turn event deletion on or off?
By default, deleting an event on Google Calendar or Notion will un-sync it instead of removing it when using Notion Automations. However, you can trigger automatic event deletion.
Here's how you turn it on and off:
- Go to My Automations page and select Google Calendar & Notion Sync.
- Scroll down to Sync Settings and open it.
- Scroll down a bit more and locate Allow event deletion. Turn it on or off based on your preference.
Enable or disable event deletion on the setup
You can also turn event deletion on or off when you set up the automation for the first time.
Hide deleted entries on Notion
If event deletion is disabled, the events will not be deleted, but they will be un-synced and will still appear on Notion. You can use the advanced filters on Notion to skip or hide these entries:
- Where > Notion Automations Events Data > Does not contain > removed
- And > Notion Automations Events Data > Does not contain > ignored